- BPA Cares Awards submitted – Check!
- Ambassador Torch Award resumes uploaded – Check!
- Executive Council candidate materials processed – Check!
- Competitive events pre-submissions done – Check!
- NLC registration, housing, and tours reserved – Check!
What’s left? Get ready for some boot-scootin’ fun at the Texas-style hoedown called the 2022 National Leadership Conference! Texas BPA’s famous mascot, Lil’ Hank, is ready to welcome us to his stockyard! Did you know the 7-Eleven Slurpee machine, Doritos, and German chocolate cake have Dallas in common as their birthplace? That is in addition to the delicious, local, and fresh Tex-Mex, fried okra, and pecan pie that help make Dallas famous. You probably know what I’ll be doing when I’m not in sessions or helping proctor or judge a competition. See you soon in Dallas!
Have you met Lil’ Hank?
Texas BPA’s mascot, Lil’ Hank, says “Home is where your herd is.” Dallas will be our home May 4–8 for the 2022 National Leadership Conference.
Registration for the 2022 National Leadership Conference, presented by Certiport, a Pearson VUE business, is open, and the Preview Guide contains an overview of the schedule and all the conference events. Attendees should remember these key registration deadlines:
- February 28–April 1: Registration open
- April 1: Competitive event online pre-submissions due
- April 2–8: Late registration (higher fees apply)
- April 14: Conference registration fees due to BPA
- April 21: Last day for refund requests
- April 9–22: Deposit or full payment to hotel
The NLC Competition Guide, participant schedules, and official conference app will be released in mid-April. Watch for details in the next issue of The Source.
BPA is pleased to welcome CollegeAdvisor.com as a Gold Sponsor. CollegeAdvisor.com is one of the nation’s premiere college advising companies and offers affordable and effective college admissions support to students from all backgrounds.
“National Leadership Conference participants are gathering in person for the first time in two years,” said Steve Darnell, BPA’s Interim Executive Director. “We are grateful to CollegeAdvisor.com for supporting this event and our work with students and educators throughout the year.”
“As a graduate of University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce, I remember how complicated the college admissions process can be,” said Brian Mitchell, founder and EVP of CollegeAdvisor.com. “BPA is a great resource for students, and CollegeAdvisor.com is honored to partner with them to help its members on their college admissions journey to business school or elsewhere.”
During the National Leadership Conference in Dallas, CollegeAdvisor.com will present a session as part of the Leadership Passport Program. Conference attendees will be able to learn more about CollegeAdvisor.com by visiting their booth in the Exhibitor Showcase, May 5–6 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
As one of the nation’s premiere college advising companies, CollegeAdvisor.com offers affordable and effective college admissions support to students from all backgrounds. CollegeAdvisor.com leverages digital to provide affordable admissions counseling and offer students access to online tools and personalized support to help organize, track, and strengthen their college applications.
CollegeAdvisor.com is part of Next College Student Athlete (NCSA)’s collection of path-to-college solutions, which offer virtual recruiting and admissions services to high school student-athletes, non-athletes, and high school, club, and college coaches. NCSA and CollegeAdvisor.com are subsidiaries of IMG Academy, one of the world’s largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational institutions.
Get more information now.
Become a Free AICPA Student Member
Whether you are considering a career in accounting or fully committed to pursuing one, joining the AICPA for free as a Student Affiliate Member can help you reach your professional goals. The AICPA is the world’s largest member association representing the accounting profession and its many areas of practice, including business and industry, public practice, government, education, and consulting.
As a Student Affiliate Member, you’ll get access to tools and resources that will help you make the most of your college years, including
- resources, skill development, webinars, and more through ThisWayToCPA.com.
- $900k+ in scholarship funds.
- a global network of 700k+ accounting and finance professionals.
- valuable industry news and publications.
- exclusive discounts and offers on products and services from partners like Dell, Lenovo, FedEx, Hertz, and many more.
- up to 80% off AICPA Certificate Programs on topics including blockchain, forensic accounting, and data analysis.
Also, once you’re a CPA, the AICPA is here to provide continued support throughout your career with technical resources, training, networking opportunities and expert guidance.
Become a free AICPA Student Affiliate Member today to take the next step towards an accounting career.
Career and Technical Education Scholarships
The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans is accepting applications for its Career & Technical Scholarship Program, which will award up to $2,500. Applicants must
- have completed high school (or earned high school equivalency credential) by summer 2022.
- be enrolled in a two-year or less career or technical degree/certificate program in the fall that will lead to employment.
- attend a not-for-profit post-secondary institution.
- demonstrate financial need; applicants must be Pell Grant eligible.
- be under the age of 30.
- be a United States citizen.
The priority deadline is June 15, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted until all scholarships have been awarded. Complete details and the application form are available on the program website.